Escallonia 'Apple Blossom'
A handsome, bushy evergreen shrub with glossy dark green leaves and clusters of pale pink flowers in summer. Best flower display usually in a position with plenty of sun and shelter from strong winds.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Escallonia 'Apple Blossom' is a handsome small, bushy evergreen shrub with masses of deep pink flowers fading to light pink as they age from mid summer to early autumn. These eye-catching flowers are popular with bees and butterflies.
Best flower display in a position with plenty of sun and shelter from strong winds. Avoid planting in cold, exposed areas.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Escallonia 'Apple Blossom' requires protection in cold winters and is not suitable for planting in an cold, exposed garden. May require protection in cold winters.
- Flowering Period: July - Sept.
- Flower Colour: Pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Escallonia 'Apple Blossom' grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub once established.
- Height: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- Notes: Please be aware that Escallonia 'Apple Blossom' can be a fickle and difficult plant in severe winters or if planted in a poor, cold & exposed position. As such, it is not covered by our normal guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Summer, Screening/Hedge, Flowers in Autumn, Wildlife Friendly - Bees