Escallonia 'Showstopper' is a handsome small, bushy evergreen shrub with masses of deep pink flowers fading to light pink as they age from mid summer to early autumn.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Escallonia 'Showstopper' is a handsome small, bushy evergreen shrub with masses of deep pink flowers fading to light pink as they age from mid summer to early autumn. These eye-catching flowers are popular with bees and butterflies. The leaves are glossy dark green in colour.
Best flower display in a position with plenty of sun and shelter from strong winds. Avoid planting in cold, exposed areas.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Escallonia 'Showstopper' requires protection in cold winters and is not suitable for planting in an cold, exposed garden. May require protection in cold winters.
- Flowering Period: July - Sept.
- Flower Colour: Dark pink to pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Escallonia 'Showstopper' grows to be a small rounded shrub which can be pruned to create a low, evergreen hedge if required.
- Height: 100 - 120 cm (3 - 4 ft) /
- Spread: 100 cm (3 ft)
- Notes: Please be aware that Escallonia 'Showstopper' can be a fickle and difficult plant in severe winters or if planted in a poor, cold & exposed position. As such, it is not covered by our normal guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Summer, Screening/Hedge, Flowers in Autumn, Wildlife Friendly - Bees