Native to parts of Australia, Drimys lanceolata is an evergreen plant with dark green, leathery leaves and contrasting dark red stems.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
(Mountain Pepper ) Native to parts of Australia, Drimys lanceolata is an evergreen plant with dark green, leathery leaves and contrasting dark red stems. Small white flowers appear on the branches in spring. An attractive garden plant with year round interest which is ideally suited for coastal areas.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Drimys lanceolata requires shelter from strong winds and may require protection in severe winters.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Medium sized, densely branching shrub.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: Drimys lanceolata is suitable for growing in a large container or pot.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems, To grow in a pot
You might also like