(Rosy Dipelta) An outstanding plant native to China, Dipelta floribunda has upright stems bearing clusters of fragrant, funnel-shaped, pale-pink flowers with yellow throats in early summer.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An outstanding plant native to China, Dipelta floribunda has upright stems bearing clusters of fragrant, funnel-shaped, pale-pink flowers with yellow throats in early summer.
These flowers are a little similar in appearance to those of a Weigela and very beautiful. The leaves are pale green and interesting, flaking bark develops as the plant becomes mature.
- Position: Full Sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Dipelta floribunda requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Dipelta floribunda grows to be a medium sized or eventually large branching, upright shrub.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (9 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Scented, To grow in a pot
- On sale!