(Bush Honeysuckle) A lovely deciduous shrub, Diervilla sessilifolia is native to the south-eastern USA and has masses of trumpet shaped, sulphur yellow flowers in mid to late summer.
Sent by courier. Free delivery for orders over £75*
Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands*
For assistance or to order by phone call our office on 01530 413700
A lovely deciduous shrub, Diervilla sessilifolia is native to the south-eastern USA and has masses of trumpet shaped, sulphur yellow flowers in mid to late summer. The leaves are dark green, sometimes flushed purple or red when young. Attractive autumn tints.
Diervilla sessilifolia is a tough and fairly drought resistant flowering shrub, excellent for attracting insects and butterflies to the garden!
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Diervilla sessilifolia is very tolerant of dry soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Sulphur yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Diervilla sessilifolia grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2 m (5 - 6 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Suitable for Containers, Honey Fungus Resistant
- Sold Out