(Bush Honeysuckle) A lovely deciduous shrub, Diervilla sessilifolia is native to the south-eastern USA and has masses of trumpet shaped, sulphur yellow flowers in mid to late summer.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A lovely deciduous shrub, Diervilla sessilifolia is native to the south-eastern USA and has masses of trumpet shaped, sulphur yellow flowers in mid to late summer. The leaves are dark green, sometimes flushed purple or red when young. Attractive autumn tints.
Diervilla sessilifolia is a tough and fairly drought resistant flowering shrub, excellent for attracting insects and butterflies to the garden!
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Diervilla sessilifolia is very tolerant of dry soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Sulphur yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Diervilla sessilifolia grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2 m (5 - 6 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), To grow in a pot, Honey Fungus Resistant