(Bleeding Heart) An exquisite plant, Dicentra spectabilis has lovely red heart-shaped flowers with white tips which trail from arching flower stems in late spring.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard
An exquisite plant, Dicentra spectabilis has lovely red heart-shaped flowers with white tips which trail from arching flower stems in late spring. The leaves are mid green in colour.
Dicentra spectabilis grows well in either full sun or light dappled shade and generally enjoys a moist soil. They do not enjoy having disturbed roots and so once planted should be left to their own devices.
Young plants may require staking in windy gardens.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Dicentra spectabilis grows to be a small to medium sized clump forming perennial with arching flower stems.
- Height: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: 40 cm (1 ½ ft)
- Notes: Also known as Lamprocapnos spectabilis
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering in Spring
- On sale!