Davidia involucrata 'Lady Sunshine'
(Variegated Handkerchief Tree) A very rare tree, Davidia involucrata 'Lady Sunshine' has stunning variegated leaves, with an eye-catching wide golden-cream margin.
This plant is only available in small numbers and is very rarely listed for sale.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A very rare tree, Davidia involucrata 'Lady Sunshine' has stunning variegated leaves, with an eye-catching wide golden-cream margin. With the heavily variegated leaves, this selection seems to be slower growing than a classic Davidia and is best treated as a large shrub in the short term, eventually growing into a small tree.
Davidia involucrata 'Lady Sunshine' is a choice plant, ideal for a position in light, dappled shade to avoid potential leaf scorch in hot summer weather.
- Position: Light, dappled or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Davidia involucrata 'Lady Sunshine' grows to be a large shrub or small, branching tree.
- Height: Estimated 4 - 6 m (13 - 20 ft).
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft).
- Notes: Davidia involucrata 'Lady Sunshine' can take a long time to flower: 15 - 20 years is considered typical.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Leaf Colour - Variegated, Rare and Unusual