Crocosmia x 'Emily Mckenzie'
(Montbretia) A beautiful perennial, Crocosmia x crocosmiiflora 'Emily Mckenzie' has sprays of bright crimson & orange funnel-shaped flowers in late summer.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A beautiful perennial, Crocosmia x crocosmiiflora 'Emily Mckenzie' has sprays of bright crimson & orange funnel-shaped flowers in late summer. These flowers stand out well against the lance-shaped, bright green leaves. Very popular with bees.
Best display of flowers will be seen if planted in a position with plenty of sun. Grows well in a large container.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Clump forming perennial with upright flower stems.
- Height: up to 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: 30 cm (1 ft)
- Notes: The stems of Crocosmia x crocosmiiflora 'Emily Mckenzie' can be cut to produce eye-catching cut flowers in late summer. Mature plants can be divided in the spring and replanted as required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Small (less than 0.6m), Herbaceous - Medium (0.6m - 1.2m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Autumn, Wildlife Friendly - Bees