Cotoneaster salicifolius 'Rothschildianus'
(Yellow-berried Cotoneaster) A semi-evergreen shrub or small tree native to Western China, Cotoneaster salicifolius 'Rothschildianus' has clusters of white flowers in summer, followed by masses of creamy-yellow berries in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A semi-evergreen shrub or small tree native to Western China, Cotoneaster salicifolius 'Rothschildianus' has clusters of white flowers in summer, followed by masses of creamy-yellow berries in autumn. These colourful fruit stand out well against the glossy, dark green leaves.
Established Cotoneaster salicifolius 'Rothschildianus' are covered with huge amounts of berries which also tend to be very long lasting, as birds and animals usually leave yellow fruit until other food supplies have been exhausted.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Cotoneaster salicifolius 'Rothschildianus' is a semi-evergreen plant and as such can loose its leaves in a very cold winter.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Large shrub or eventually small branching, upright tree with arching branches.
- Height: up to 8 m (26 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- Notes: Cotoneaster salicifolius 'Rothschildianus' is a very good plant for screening.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental, Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Screening/Hedge
You might also likeNew Price Each £9.95New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £16.95
New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £32.00New Price Each £35.00