Cotoneaster frigidus 'Saint Monica'
(Cotoneaster Tree) Cotoneaster frigidus 'Saint Monica' is a small evergreen tree with dark green leaves often turning rich shades of purple in the autumn and winter, making a perfect foil for the clusters of dark red fruits.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A seedling of Cotoneaster frigidus, this Himalayan species seedling was originally raised at the St Monica convent in Bristol. A small evergreen tree, the leaves are dark green in spring and summer, sometimes turning rich shades of purple in the autumn and winter, making a perfect foil for the clusters of dark red fruits.
Cotoneaster frigidus 'Saint Monica' is a lovely and unusual tree with year round interest.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Cotoneaster frigidus 'Saint Monica' grows to be a very large shrub or small branching tree once established.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Screening/Hedge, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Fruit - Ornamental, Evergreen, Autumn Colour, Good for Wildlife (Birds)
- On sale!