Cotoneaster glaucophyllus var meiophyllus
(Chinese Cotoneaster ) A rare, semi-evergreen large shrub, Cotoneaster glaucophyllus var meiophyllus has clusters of vivid orange-red berries in autumn which can last well into winter.
(Delivery within approximately 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A rare, semi-evergreen large shrub, Cotoneaster glaucophyllus var meiophyllus has clusters of vivid orange-red berries in autumn which can last well into winter.The dark green oval leaves last for much of the year although these can fall in severe winters.
Handsome large shrub or eventually very small, arching tree with excellent berry display. Can be pruned to size if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Cotoneaster glaucophyllus var meiophyllus grows to be a large branching shrub or eventually very small tree.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft).
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Screening/Hedge, Rare and Unusual, Fruit - Ornamental, Good for Wildlife (Birds), Evergreen
You might also likeNew Price Each £14.95New Price Each £18.50New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £12.50New Price Each £35.00
New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00