Cotoneaster glaucophyllus var meiophyllus
(Chinese Cotoneaster ) A rare, semi-evergreen large shrub, Cotoneaster glaucophyllus var meiophyllus has clusters of vivid orange-red berries in autumn which can last well into winter.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A rare, semi-evergreen large shrub, Cotoneaster glaucophyllus var meiophyllus has clusters of vivid orange-red berries in autumn which can last well into winter.The dark green oval leaves last for much of the year although these can fall in severe winters.
Handsome large shrub or eventually very small, arching tree with excellent berry display. Can be pruned to size if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Cotoneaster glaucophyllus var meiophyllus grows to be a large branching shrub or eventually very small tree.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft).
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large, Tree - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Wildlife Friendly - Birds, Screening/Hedge, Fruit - Ornamental, Evergreen, Rare and Unusual
- On sale!