(Chinese Hazel) Corylus chinensis is a rare small to medium sized tree in the UK with reddish-maroon young leaves turning dark green as they age.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Corylus chinensis is a rare small to medium sized tree in the UK with reddish-maroon young leaves turning dark green as they age. Established trees develop a distinctive spreading habit with light coloured, furrowed bark.
Hardy but generally best in a sunny position with some shelter from cold winds.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April (Catkins).
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Corylus chinensis grows to be a small to medium sized, spreading tree.
- Height: 10 - 12 m (32 - 40 ft)
- Spread: 8 - 10 m (26 - 32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Catkins, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Rare and Unusual, Habit - Architectural