- Sold Out
(Chinese Hazel) Corylus chinensis is a rare small to medium sized tree in the UK with reddish-maroon young leaves turning dark green as they age.
Sent by courier. Free delivery for orders over £75*
Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands*
For assistance or to order by phone call our office on 01530 413700
Corylus chinensis is a rare small to medium sized tree in the UK with reddish-maroon young leaves turning dark green as they age. Established trees develop a distinctive spreading habit with light coloured, furrowed bark.
Hardy but generally best in a sunny position with some shelter from cold winds.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April (Catkins).
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Corylus chinensis grows to be a small to medium sized, spreading tree.
- Height: 10 - 12 m (32 - 40 ft)
- Spread: 8 - 10 m (26 - 32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small, Tree - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Catkins, Foliage - Purple/Red, Rare and Unusual, Habit - Architectural
- On sale!
- On sale!