(Farges Filbert) A very rare small tree native to parts of China, Corylus fargesii is known for its beautiful flaking tan and copper coloured bark once established.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A very rare small tree native to parts of China, Corylus fargesii is known for its beautiful flaking tan and copper coloured bark once established. The leaves are bright green in colour, turning attractive shades of yellow before falling in autumn.
Corylus fargesii grows to be a very handsome small tree with a pyramidal habit. The peeling bark makes it particularly eye-catching in the winter months.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April (Catkins).
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Corylus fargesii grows to be a small, pyramidal tree.
- Height: up 8 - 10 m (26 - 32 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (18 - 20 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
You might also like