Cornus kousa 'Teutonia'
(Flowering Dogwood) A handsome large shrub or eventually very small tree, Cornus kousa 'Teutonia' has large white flower bracts (up to approx 7-8 cm each) once established in early summer.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A handsome large shrub or eventually very small tree, Cornus kousa 'Teutonia' has large white flower bracts (up to approx 7-8 cm each) once established in early summer. These large bracts gradually start to turn pink as they age. The green summer leaves have vivid red and orange autumn tints before falling.
Cornus kousa 'Teutonia' will produce its best display of bracts once established if planted in a very sunny position.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus kousa 'Teutonia' grows to be a large shrub or eventually small tree with an upright habit when young, spreading once mature.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Notes: The flowering of Cornus kousa 'Teutonia' is somewhat dependant upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, To grow in a pot, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also likeNew Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £25.00New Price Each £42.00New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £15.00
New Price Each £12.95