Cornus kousa 'Couronne'
(Flowering Dogwood) An unusual large shrub or eventually very small tree, Cornus kousa 'Couronne' has eye-catching curling white flower bracts in early summer once established.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
New to us, Cornus kousa 'Couronne' is a recent selection with an upright growing habit and narrow curling white bracts in early summer looking a little like a crown. The leaves are dark green in summer with orange and purple autumn tints.
Cornus kousa 'Couronne' will grow to be a large shrub or very small tree in time with best flower bract display once established in a position with full sun.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Cornus kousa 'Couronne' will tolerate dry soils once established.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus kousa 'Couronne' grows to be a large shrub in the short term or eventually small tree with an upright habit.
- Height: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft).
- Notes: The flowering of this Cornus is somewhat dependent upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Fruit - Ornamental, Flowers in Summer