Cornus kousa 'Blue Shadow'
(Flowering Dogwood) A rare plant in the UK, Cornus kousa 'Blue Shadow has attractive, fairly dark blue-green leaves which turn shades of purple or dark red before falling in autumn.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A rare plant in the UK, Cornus kousa 'Blue Shadow has attractive, fairly dark blue-green leaves which turn shades of purple or dark red before falling in autumn. Masses of white flower bracts appear on established plants, which stand out well against the dark foliage.
Cornus kousa 'Blue Shadow' is a handsome large shrub or small tree in time, ideal for a position in full sun!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Cornus kousa 'Blue Shadow' will tolerate dry soils once established.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus kousa 'Blue Shadow' grows to be a large shrub or eventually small tree with a dense, branching crown.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft).
- Notes: The flowering of this Cornus is somewhat dependent upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Fruit - Ornamental, To grow in a pot, Rare and Unusual
You might also like