Cornus sanguinea 'Midwinter Fire'
Cornus sanguinea 'Midwinter Fire' is a superb plant for winter colour, the stems of this dogwood are a delightful golden-orange with a tint of red.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A superb plant for winter colour, the stems of this dogwood are a delightful golden-orange with a tint of red. The leaves are mid green in spring/summer, turning lovely shades of apricot yellow before falling in autumn.
Cornus sanguinea 'Midwinter Fire' has masses of branches with good colour, enhanced by the occasional hard prune. Ideal for adding winter colour to a garden and looks great when planted in groups!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus sanguinea 'Midwinter Fire' grows to be a medium sized, branching shrub.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft) if left unpruned. Smaller if pruned regularly.
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft) if left unpruned.
- Pruning: In our opinion, Cornus sanguinea 'Winter Beauty' is most attractive if pruned hard to about 30 - 40 cm above the ground early each spring or every two years. This will prevent it getting to large and rejuvenate the plant so the bright coloured stems appear each year.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
You might also like