Cornus alba 'Sibirica'
(Red Barked Dogwood) Cornus alba 'Sibirica' is a popular large shrub with superb bright red stems which are ideal for adding colour to a winter garden.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Cornus alba 'Sibirica' is a popular large shrub with superb bright red stems which are ideal for adding colour to a winter garden. The leaves are dark green and can turn colourful shades of plum purple in autumn before falling. A tough and reliable garden plant.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Large shrub.
- Height: 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft) if pruned yearly or 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) if unpruned.
- Spread: 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft) if pruned yearly or 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) if unpruned.
- Pruning: In our opinion, this plant is most attractive if pruned hard to about 30 - 40 cm above the ground early each spring. This will prevent it getting to large and rejuvenate the plant so the bright coloured stems appear each year.
- Notes: Particularly splendid when planted in large groups as part of a winter border.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems, To grow in a pot
You might also like