(Variegated Kiwi) A beautiful twining climber native to parts of Japan and Northern Chin, Actinidia kolomikta has eye-catching, pink and cream variegated leaves in summer.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A beautiful twining climber native to parts of Japan and Northern Chin, Actinidia kolomikta has eye-catching, pink and cream variegated leaves in summer. The superb variegation makes this a very colourful climber when established, although young plants sometimes don't exhibit the variegation during the first couple of growing seasons.
Actinidia kolomikta is a spectacular plant for growing up old trees or against a sunny south or west facing wall.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Actinidia kolomikta requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Actinidia kolomikta grows to be a medium sized climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: As a general rule of thumb the hotter and more sunny the planting position, the better the leaf variegation. Please be aware that some cats can become addicted to chewing the leaves of Actinidia and so if some inexplicable foliage damage is noticed, a little wire netting near the base may be beneficial!
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft), Climber - Large (over 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Variegated, Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like