(Coral Plant) An unusual climber native to Chile in south America, Berberidopsis corallina is evergreen and has clusters of deep-crimson, pendant-like flowers, nearly 2 cm across in summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An unusual climber native to Chile in south America, Berberidopsis corallina is evergreen and has clusters of deep-crimson, pendant-like flowers, nearly 2 cm across in summer.
Berberidopsis corallina is a fetching climbing plant for growing in a sheltered, shady position or through trellis / along wires against a north facing wall. Also, Berberidopsis is lovely when grown through or over an evergreen shrub or small conifer, as the flowers are particularly vivid when viewed against a dark background.
- Position: Warm in partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Berberidopsis corallina requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: Crimson
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small to medium sized climbing plant.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Notes: Please be aware that Berberidopsis corallina can be a fickle and difficult plant in the winter, if caught by frost or if planted in a poor position. As such, it is not covered by our guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Climber - Small (under 10 ft), Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November)
You might also like