- Sold Out
(Coral Plant) An unusual climber native to Chile in south America, Berberidopsis corallina is evergreen and has clusters of deep-crimson, pendant-like flowers, nearly 2 cm across in summer.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
An unusual climber native to Chile in south America, Berberidopsis corallina is evergreen and has clusters of deep-crimson, pendant-like flowers, nearly 2 cm across in summer.
Berberidopsis corallina is a fetching climbing plant for growing in a sheltered, shady position or through trellis / along wires against a north facing wall. Also, Berberidopsis is lovely when grown through or over an evergreen shrub or small conifer, as the flowers are particularly vivid when viewed against a dark background.
- Position: Warm in partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Berberidopsis corallina requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: Crimson
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small to medium sized climbing plant.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Notes: Please be aware that Berberidopsis corallina can be a fickle and difficult plant in the winter, if caught by frost or if planted in a poor position. As such, it is not covered by our guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Small, Climber - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Summer, Flowers in Autumn