(Grape Vine) Known for its excellent autumn colour, in a warm, sunny position, Vitis 'Brandt' will also produce bunches of aromatic black grapes.
Supplied Size: 2L deep containers (approx 40 - 60 cm tall)
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
Known for its excellent autumn colour, in a warm, sunny position, Vitis 'Brandt' will also produce bunches of aromatic black grapes. A vigorous climber, best suited to growing up wires or trellis against a wall or fence.
Best crops of fruit will be seen if planted in a hot, sunny position. Also very suitable for growing up old trees/shrubs to give them additional interest but you will see less grapes in such a position due to the reduced sunlight.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Vitis 'Brandt' grows to be a large climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Pruning should be carried out in winter when the plants are dormant if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Large (over 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Edible
You might also like