Humulus lupulus 'Aureus'
(Golden Hop) A herbaceous climber, Humulus lupulus 'Aureus' has vigorous, twining stems and beautiful, soft golden-yellow foliage.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A herbaceous climber, Humulus lupulus 'Aureus' has vigorous, twining stems and beautiful, soft golden-yellow foliage. In late summer or early autumn it produces clusters of attractive, greenish-yellow, male flowers.
The golden leaves are most eye-catching when Humulus lupulus 'Aureus' is allowed to grow up and through an old tree with dark green foliage or up trellis / wires against a wall or fence. The leaves will turn a brighter shade of gold in a sunny spot, if planted in shade they will be pale gold or green.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Humulus lupulus 'Aureus' will die back to the ground each winter and regrow in the following year.
- Flowering Period: September.
- Flower Colour: Greenish-yellow
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Humulus lupulus 'Aureus' is a medium to large sized climbing plant.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Pruning: Prune Humulus lupulus 'Aureus' hard in spring to remove all the old stems.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft), Climber - Large (over 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, To grow in a pot
You might also like