Clethra alnifolia 'Fern Valley Pink'
(Sweet Pepper Bush) An attractive and compact selection of Clethra with fragrant, pink flowers, very popular with butterflies and bees.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An attractive and compact selection of Clethra with fragrant, pink flowers, very popular with butterflies and bees. The foliage is lush green in spring and summer with very pretty yellow autumn tints. A highly ornamental shrub which grows to be a smaller plant than the otherwise similar Clethra alnifolia 'Ruby Spice'.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Fertile, acidic soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Clethra alnifolia 'Fern Valley Pink' grows to be a small branching shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Notes: Prune to remove dead or damaged stems in early spring. Clethra alnifolia 'Fern Valley Pink'is notably resistant to honey fungus.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Honey Fungus Resistant, To grow in a pot, Scented
You might also like