Clethra alnifolia 'Sixteen Candles'
(Sweet Pepper Bush) A compact small shrub, Clethra alnifolia 'Sixteen Candles' is covered with masses of long-lasting white flower spikes (up to 15 cm long each) in late summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A compact small shrub, Clethra alnifolia 'Sixteen Candles' is covered with masses of long-lasting white flower spikes (up to 15 cm long each) in late summer. These flowers are very fragrant and also popular with insects, particularly butterflies.
The leaves can turn strong shades of yellow before falling in autumn. Lovely small shrub ideal for a sunny border.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Fertile, lime-free or acidic soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Clethra alnifolia 'Sixteen Candles' grows to be a small rounded shrub.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft)
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft)
- Pruning: Prune Clethra alnifolia 'Sixteen Candles' to shape or remove dead / damaged stems in early spring.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Honey Fungus Resistant, Scented, To grow in a pot
You might also like