Clerodendrum trichotomum var fargesii
An exciting plant native to Western China, Clerodendrum trichotomum var fargesii has fragrant white flowers in late summer, followed by outstanding, metallic-blue berries in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
(Harlequin Glory Bower) An exciting plant native to Western China, Clerodendrum trichotomum var fargesii has fragrant white flowers in late summer, followed by outstanding, metallic-blue berries in autumn. These berries are enclosed by colourful, eye-catching, maroon calyces (sepals of a flower).
Clerodendrum trichotomum var fargesii is a sensational, late flowering small tree with very ornamental fruit.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. In cooler parts of the U.K., the eventual size of Clerodendrum trichotomum var. fargesii may be reduced to that of a bushy, large shrub rather than a small tree.
- Flowering Period: August.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Clerodendrum trichotomum var. fargesii grows to be a small, branching tree.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: The fruit can be toxic and should not be eaten.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Fruit - Ornamental, Scented