Clerodendrum trichotomum var fargesii
An exciting plant native to Western China, Clerodendrum trichotomum var fargesii has fragrant white flowers in late summer, followed by outstanding, metallic-blue berries in autumn.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
(Harlequin Glory Bower) An exciting plant native to Western China, Clerodendrum trichotomum var fargesii has fragrant white flowers in late summer, followed by outstanding, metallic-blue berries in autumn. These berries are enclosed by colourful, eye-catching, maroon calyces (sepals of a flower).
Clerodendrum trichotomum var fargesii is a sensational, late flowering small tree with very ornamental fruit.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. In cooler parts of the U.K., the eventual size of Clerodendrum trichotomum var. fargesii may be reduced to that of a bushy, large shrub rather than a small tree.
- Flowering Period: August.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Clerodendrum trichotomum var. fargesii grows to be a small, branching tree.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: The fruit can be toxic and should not be eaten.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, Scented, Flowers in Summer