Clerodendrum trichotomum var fargesii
An exciting plant native to Western China, Clerodendrum trichotomum var fargesii has fragrant white flowers in late summer, followed by outstanding, metallic-blue berries in autumn.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
(Harlequin Glory Bower) An exciting plant native to Western China, Clerodendrum trichotomum var fargesii has fragrant white flowers in late summer, followed by outstanding, metallic-blue berries in autumn. These berries are enclosed by colourful, eye-catching, maroon calyces (sepals of a flower).
Clerodendrum trichotomum var fargesii is a sensational, late flowering small tree with very ornamental fruit.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. In cooler parts of the U.K., the eventual size of Clerodendrum trichotomum var. fargesii may be reduced to that of a bushy, large shrub rather than a small tree.
- Flowering Period: August.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Clerodendrum trichotomum var. fargesii grows to be a small, branching tree.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: The fruit can be toxic and should not be eaten.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Fruit - Ornamental, Scented
You might also like