Clematis 'Ruutel' is a small to medium sized scrambling climber with large, vivid velvet red flowers from early to late summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Clematis 'Ruutel' is a small to medium sized scrambling climber with large, vivid velvet red flowers from early to late summer. Very free flowering through the summer.
Clematis 'Ruutel' is an excellent climber for many positions but is particularly suitable for growing up trellis or wires against a sunny wall or fence.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - September.
- Flower Colour: Velvet red.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small to medium sized scrambling Clematis.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft)
- Pruning: To prune Clematis 'Ruutel' cut back to around 40 - 60 cm tall in early march every year, as they only flower well on the new growth.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft), Climber - Small (under 10 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November)
You might also like