Clematis 'The President'
Covered with masses of rich purple-blue flowers from late spring to early autumn, Clematis x 'The President' is an excellent, reliable and compact climber.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Covered with masses of rich purple-blue flowers from late spring to early autumn, Clematis x 'The President' is an excellent, reliable and compact climber. Attractive silky seed heads appear after the flowers have gone over.
Clematis x 'The President' is an excellent climber for many positions but is particularly suitable for growing up trellis against a sunny wall or fence.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: White.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small, scrambling Clematis.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft)
- Pruning: To prune Clematis x 'The President', remove any damaged stems in late winter or early spring and cut the remaining stems of back to just above the highest pair of strong buds.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Climber - Small (under 10 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like