Clematis viticella 'Etoile Violette'
Clematis viticella 'Etoile Violette' is a popular, late flowering Clematis with dark green leaves and an abundance of rich deep-purple flowers throughout summer and early autumn.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
This is a popular and late flowering Clematis, which has dark green leaves and an abundance of rich deep-purple flowers throughout summer and early autumn.
Clematis viticella 'Etoile Violette' is a good choice of Clematis for growing through an evergreen or spring flowering shrub to extend the interest in your garden and generally looks best when planted against a bright background.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: Purple.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized, scrambling Clematis.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Pruning: To reduce the size or rejuvenate, prune Clematis viticella 'Etoile Violette' back to a pair of strong buds, 15 - 20cm above ground level before growth begins in early spring.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November)
You might also like