Clematis alpina 'Stolwijk Gold'
(Golden-leaved Clematis) A splendid introduction to the United Kingdom from Holland, Clematis alpina 'Stolwijk Gold' has eye-catching golden leaves and nodding, rich blue flowers in late spring.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A splendid introduction to the United Kingdom from Holland, Clematis alpina 'Stolwijk Gold' has eye-catching golden leaves and nodding, rich blue flowers in late spring. These flowers are followed by pretty seed heads later in the year.
A bright and colourful Clematis for growing up wire or trellis against a sunny wall or fence.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Blue
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Pruning: It is usually not necessary to prune this Clematis. If reducing the size is required, prune immediately after flowering to a height of 1 m (3 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Small (under 10 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like