Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Glowball'
(Dwarf Katsura Tree) Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Glowball' is a compact, round small tree with heart-shaped green leaves turning beautiful shades of golden-yellow and orange in autumn.
These plants are grafted at ground level (rather than as standards with a trunk) and will therefore grow as bushy, rounded shrubs intially, eventually dwarf, usually multi-stemmed trees.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A new selection, Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Glowball' grows to be a very rounded small tree with beautiful golden-yellow and orange autumn colour before the leaves fall. Summer leaves are dark green in colour.
An ideal choice of tree for autumn colour in smaller gardens where a traditional Cercidiphyllum might be to large!
- Position: Sheltered area in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist but well drained, acidic soils. Will tolerate some lime but will grow better and produce more vivid autumn colour in acid soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy but vulnerable to late spring frosts as a young plant, although it usually recovers well. Grows best in an area sheltered from strong winds (this also allows the tree to keep its autumn colour for as long as possible).
- Rate of Growth: Generally slow growing initially then moderate.
- Habit: Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Glowball' grows to be a small very rounded tree.
- Height: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 14 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Scented, Rare and Unusual