(Giant Scabious) A handsome large perennial, Cephalaria gigantea has tall stems topped with eye-catching primrose yellow, rosette-like flowers.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A handsome large perennial, Cephalaria gigantea has tall stems topped with eye-catching primrose yellow, rosette-like flowers. Very good as part of an informal flowering border. Grows best in a position with sun or light, dappled shade in a moist or well drained soil.
- Position: Full sun or very light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Cephalaria gigantea grows to be a large, clump forming perennial.
- Height: up to 150 - 200 cm (approx 5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Large (Tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
- On sale!
- On sale!