Celastrus orbiculatus 'Hercules'
(Oriental Bittersweet) An unusual deciduous climbing plant, Celastrus orbiculatus 'Hercules' has bright green summer leaves which turn lovely shades of yellow in autumn before falling.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An unusual deciduous climbing plant, Celastrus orbiculatus 'Hercules' has bright green summer leaves which turn lovely shades of yellow in autumn before falling. This is a male selection and although this will not fruit itself, it will pollinate nearby female Celastrus such as Celastrus orbiculatus 'Diana'.
A vigorous climber once established, this is best in a position with full sun and plenty of space.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July to August
- Flower Colour: Green
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Celastrus orbiculatus 'Hercules' grows to be a large climbing plant .
- Height: up to 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: up to 8 m (26 ft) if allowed to climb over other nearby trees
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Large (4m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy, Soil: Damp/Wet, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour