Cedrus libani subsp atlantica 'Glauca Pendula'
(Weeping Blue Atlas Cedar) A stiffly weeping small tree, Cedrus libani subsp atlantica 'Glauca Pendula' has lovely silvery-blue needles and a very elegant arching habit.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A stiffly weeping small tree, Cedrus libani subsp atlantica 'Glauca Pendula' has lovely silvery-blue needles and a very elegant arching habit.
This tree will grow only to the height to which the leader is supported. In our arboretum we have constructed a 2.5 m tall wooden tripod and trained this plant up it and along the struts (shown in the third photo). Now, several years later each strut has a spectacular, curtain-like veil of blue-needled cedar branches hanging beneath it.
Cedrus libani subsp atlantica 'Glauca Pendula' is a very architectural weeping tree, ideal for gardens of nearly any size as the height is easily managed.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Fully hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small, stiffly weeping tree. The height and spread can be adjusted by training the main leader upwards or letting it weep from a low height.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft).
- Spread: up to 10 m (32 ft).
- Notes: Cedrus libani subsp. atlantica 'Glauca Pendula' is particularly eye-catching when planted against a dark backdrop which highlights the coloured needles.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Habit - Weeping
You might also like