(Californian Lilac) Ceanothus 'Concha' is an evergreen shrub which has dark green, glossy leaves and masses of attractive, vivid blue flowers in early to mid summer.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An evergreen shrub which has dark green, glossy leaves and masses of attractive, vivid blue flowers in early to mid summer. Ceanothus 'Concha' is a delightful flowering shrub for the back of a sunny, mixed border and also looks particularly good when planted against a warm wall, where it can be trained to shape if required.
Ceanothus are unsuitable for cold, exposed gardens as they may well suffer damage in the winter.
- Position: Warm and sheltered position in full sun.
- Soil: Well drained soil. Avoid wet soils.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Ceanothus 'Concha' may be damaged in severe cold and will require protection in cold winters. In cold areas this will require shelter from strong winds.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Ceanothus 'Concha' grows to be a branching, rounded shrub if untrained.
- Height: up to 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m
- Pruning: Remove dead or damaged branches in spring and prune lightly after flowering if required.
- Notes: Please note that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will NOT replace failed Ceanothus 'Concha' as they can be severely damaged or killed by poor pruning, sitting in wet ground or cold winters if in a cold area or not protected properly.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Wildlife Friendly - Bees