Ceanothus impressus 'Puget Blue'
(Californian Lilac) An attractive large evergreen shrub which has clusters of really very pretty, deep blue flowers in early summer.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An attractive large evergreen shrub which has clusters of really very pretty, deep blue flowers in early summer. The leaves are smaller and more densely clustered than those of the similar Ceanothus 'Concha' , dark green and glossy.
A superb flowering plant which can act as an excellent backdrop for other plants in a border and is also a fine candidate for growing against a wall or fence. Requires a warm, sunny position with shelter from cold wind and well drained soil.
- Position: Warm and sheltered in full sun.
- Soil: Well drained soil. Avoid planting in wet soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Ceanothus impressus 'Puget Blue' grows best when planted in an area sheltered from strong, cold winds and requires protection in exceptionally cold winters.
- Flowering Period: April - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a large shrub with a spreading, rounded habit if untrained.
- Height: 3 m (up to 10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Please note that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will NOT replace failed Ceanothus impressus 'Puget Blue' as they can be severly damaged or killed by poor pruning, sitting in wet ground or cold winters if in a cold area or not protected properly.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot
You might also like