(Chinese Catalpa) Flowering regularly as a young plant here in our gardens, Catalpa ovata has upright panicles of foxglove-like, pale yellowish-white flowers in mid to late summer.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Flowering regularly as a young plant here in our gardens, Catalpa ovata has upright panicles of foxglove-like, pale yellowish-white flowers in mid to late summer. The leaves are large, pale green and handsome.
Eye-catching seed pods may sometimes follow the flowers but these would normally only been seen in warmer parts of the UK or after a particularly hot summer.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. This Catalpa requires a sheltered position in Northern parts of the UK and generally grows best when planted in a position protected from strong winds.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Catalpa ovata grows to be a very small tree with a spreading, rounded crown once established.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like