Catalpa fargesii f. duclouxii
(Chinese Bean Tree) Catalpa fargesii f. duclouxii is a delightful, rare flowering tree which was first found by westerners growing in the Wudang region of Hubei, China in the early Twentieth Century.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A delightful, rare flowering tree which was first found by westerners growing in the Wudang region of Hubei, China in the early Twentieth Century.
Catalpa fargesii f duclouxii is a spectacular tree which has clusters of pretty, pale white to lilac-pink, foxglove-like flowers with reddish spots in midsummer. The leaves are quite elegant with a narrow, pointed tip.
Once established, Catalpa fargesii f duclouxii probably has the most eye-catching flowers of any Catalpa listed here.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. This Catalpa requires a sheltered position in Northern parts of the U.K. and grows best when planted in a position protected from strong winds.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Catalpa fargesii f duclouxii grows to be a small tree with a spreading, rounded crown once established.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread:8 m (26 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (8m - 15m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Honey Fungus Resistant, Rare and Unusual