(Hornbeam) Native to China, Carpinus henryana is a very handsome small tree with arching branches and veined green summer leaves.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Native to China, Carpinus henryana is a very handsome small tree with arching branches and veined green summer leaves. In the autumn the leaves turn lovely shades of gold, purple and red before falling.
For best habit and autumn colour once established plant in a position with plenty of sun and ideally shelter from strong wind.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Carpinus henryana grows to be a small, branching tree with arching branches.
- Height: up to 8 - 10 m (26 - 32 ft) in many years.
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant, Rare and Unusual, Habit - Architectural