Carpinus betulus 'Quercifolia'
(Oak-leaved Hornbeam) A handsome small tree to medium sized, Carpinus betulus 'Quercifolia' has dark green, lobed leaves which are very oak-like in appearance.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A handsome small tree to medium sized, Carpinus betulus 'Quercifolia' has dark green, lobed leaves which are very oak-like in appearance. The leaves are dark green in the summer turning yellow in the autumn before falling. Fairly slow growing and not for instant gratification.
Carpinus betulus 'Quercifolia' is suitable for most sites and soils.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil including chalk.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Carpinus betulus 'Quercifolia' grows to be a small to medium sized, rounded tree.
- Height: 10 - 12 m (32 - 40 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- Notes: Any occasional branches or twigs which develop with the more 'normal' oval shaped leaves should be pruned out.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Screening/Hedge, Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like