Carex buchananii 'Red Rooster'
(Leatherleaf Sedge) A clump forming evergreen grass, Carex buchananii 'Red Rooster' has upright, long, narrow dark rusty red leaves which develop orange tints in autumn/winter.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands . We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard with Sagepay (Opayo)
A clump forming evergreen grass, Carex buchananii 'Red Rooster' has upright, long, narrow dark rusty red leaves which develop orange tints in autumn/winter. Bronze/brown flower spikes develop in summer.
Most suitable to a position in plenty of sun with well drained soil.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Most, well drained fertile soil. Avoid very wet areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Carex buchananii 'Red Rooster' grows to be an upright, clump forming grass.
- Height: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Grass - Small (under 3 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red