Carex buchananii 'Red Rooster'
(Leatherleaf Sedge) A clump forming evergreen grass, Carex buchananii 'Red Rooster' has upright, long, narrow dark rusty red leaves which develop orange tints in autumn/winter.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
A clump forming evergreen grass, Carex buchananii 'Red Rooster' has upright, long, narrow dark rusty red leaves which develop orange tints in autumn/winter. Bronze/brown flower spikes develop in summer.
Most suitable to a position in plenty of sun with well drained soil.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Most, well drained fertile soil. Avoid very wet areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Carex buchananii 'Red Rooster' grows to be an upright, clump forming grass.
- Height: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Grass - Small (under 3 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Foliage - Purple/Red
- Sold Out
- On sale!
- On sale!