(Pendulous Sedge) A handsome evergreen perennial, Carex pendula has lush dark green leaves and elegant, pendulous flower spikes in summer.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A handsome evergreen perennial, Carex pendula has lush dark green leaves and elegant, pendulous flower spikes in summer. Established plants form a large clump and are particularly effective when planted next to streams or ponds.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Carex pendula grows to be an tall, clump forming grass.
- Height: up to 120 - 140 cm (4 - 5 ft)
- Spread: 120 - 150 cm (4 - 5 ft)
- Pruning: Carex pendula will spread in time and is most suitable for areas with plenty of space. Remove any young plants which take from seed to avoid it getting to large in areas with limited space.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Grass - Medium (1m - 2m), Grass - Large (2m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Habit - Architectural, Flowers in Summer, Evergreen