Camellia japonica 'Nobilissima'
(Camellia) Usually one of the earliest to flower in Spring, Camellia japonica 'Nobilissima' has masses of paeony-form flowers with white petals and a creamy, very pale yellow center.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
Usually one of the earliest to flower in Spring, Camellia japonica 'Nobilissima' has masses of paeony-form flowers with white petals and a creamy, very pale yellow center. This is an evergreen plant and the leaves are dark green and glossy.
Camellia japonica 'Nobilissima' is an excellent shrub for border planting and is also suitable for growing in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Neutral or preferably acid soil. In chalky areas this can be grown in a large container with ericaceous compost.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: Feb - March.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Camellia japonica 'Nobilissima'' grows to be a medium sized or eventually large shrub, upright when young.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) - possibly larger in very warm, sheltered areas.
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Pruing: Prune to shape if required after flowering but before new growth begins in spring.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), To grow in a pot
You might also like