Camellia japonica 'Nobilissima'
(Camellia) Usually one of the earliest to flower in Spring, Camellia japonica 'Nobilissima' has masses of paeony-form flowers with white petals and a creamy, very pale yellow center.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Usually one of the earliest to flower in Spring, Camellia japonica 'Nobilissima' has masses of paeony-form flowers with white petals and a creamy, very pale yellow center. This is an evergreen plant and the leaves are dark green and glossy.
Camellia japonica 'Nobilissima' is an excellent shrub for border planting and is also suitable for growing in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Neutral or preferably acid soil. In chalky areas this can be grown in a large container with ericaceous compost.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: Feb - March.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Camellia japonica 'Nobilissima'' grows to be a medium sized or eventually large shrub, upright when young.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) - possibly larger in very warm, sheltered areas.
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Pruing: Prune to shape if required after flowering but before new growth begins in spring.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Spring, Flowers in Winter, Suitable for Containers