Camellia x 'Leonard Messel'
A lovely selection of Camellia with large, semi double, clear pink flowers in spring which originated at Nymans in Sussex.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A lovely selection of Camellia with large, semi double, clear pink flowers in spring which originated at Nymans in Sussex. The beautiful flowers stand out well against the dark green leaves.
Eye-catching shrub for spring interest in a border and will grow well in a container filled with ericaceous compost
- Position: Full sun or shade (avoid east facing areas)
- Soil: Neutral or preferably acid soil. In chalky areas, Camellia x 'Leonard Messel' can be grown in a large container with ericaceous compost.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: Feb - April.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized shrub.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft) - 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Pruning: Prune to shape if required after flowering but before new growth begins in spring.
- Notes: Camellia x 'Leonard Messel' is a hybrid between Camellia reticulata and Camellia x williamsii 'Mary Christian'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), To grow in a pot
You might also likeNew Price Each £35.00New Price Each £28.00
New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £22.50New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £19.95New Price Each £12.95Regular price £15.00 -10% New Price Each £13.50
- On sale!