Camellia x 'Leonard Messel'
A lovely selection of Camellia with large, semi double, clear pink flowers in spring which originated at Nymans in Sussex.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A lovely selection of Camellia with large, semi double, clear pink flowers in spring which originated at Nymans in Sussex. The beautiful flowers stand out well against the dark green leaves.
Eye-catching shrub for spring interest in a border and will grow well in a container filled with ericaceous compost
- Position: Full sun or shade (avoid east facing areas)
- Soil: Neutral or preferably acid soil. In chalky areas, Camellia x 'Leonard Messel' can be grown in a large container with ericaceous compost.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: Feb - April.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized shrub.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft) - 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Pruning: Prune to shape if required after flowering but before new growth begins in spring.
- Notes: Camellia x 'Leonard Messel' is a hybrid between Camellia reticulata and Camellia x williamsii 'Mary Christian'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Spring, Flowers in Winter, Suitable for Containers