(Butterfly Bush) An attractive shrub found as seedling at Lochinch Castle in Scotland this has long fragrant clusters of lilac-blue flowers with orange eyes in mid to late summer, sometimes into autumn.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An attractive shrub found as seedling at Lochinch Castle in Scotland, Buddleja 'Lochinch' has long fragrant clusters of lilac-blue flowers with orange eyes in mid to late summer, sometimes into autumn. The leaves are light silvery-green in colour.
Buddleja 'Lochinch' is an eye-catching flowering shrub, most suited to a position in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: Lilac-blue.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate
- Habit: Buddleja 'Lochinch' grows to be a medium to large branching, rounded shrub if left unpruned.
- Height: up to 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Pruning: To encourage flowering and keep a tidy habit, prune Buddleja 'Lochinch' back hard to a bud in February or March.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Scented, Suitable for Containers