(Siberian Bugloss) Brunnera macrophylla is a ground cover plant with clumps of heart-shaped emerald green leaves and starry blue flowers borne above the leaves in late spring.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A lovely ground cover plant producing clumps of heart-shaped emerald green leaves early in spring and a delicate scattering of starry blue forget-me-not flowers borne above the leaves in late spring.
Brunnera macrophylla is an excellenty companion plant to spring bulbs.
- Position: Sun or light dappled, partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Brunnera macrophylla grows to be a clump forming, ground cover perennial.
- Height: up to 45 cm (1 1/2 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Notes: Cut Brunnera macrophylla back in the summer time for a fresh flush of leaves and a few late flowers
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Ground Cover, Herbaceous - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like