Brachyglottis greyi 'Sunshine'
(Senecio) Native to New Zealand, Brachyglottis greyi 'Sunshine' is a semi-evergreen shrub with silver-grey young leaves which turn green as they age and masses of colourful bright yellow flowers in late summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Native to New Zealand, Brachyglottis greyi 'Sunshine' is a semi-evergreen shrub with silver-grey young leaves which turn green as they age and masses of colourful bright yellow flowers in late summer.
Brachyglottis greyi 'Sunshine' is reasonably hardy but typically requires a warm sunny position in well drained soil to grow and flower well. It does well in coastal areas but shelter from the wind if possible in cold areas and avoid planting in wet or waterlogged soils.
- Position: Warm in full sun.
- Soil: Well drained soil. Brachyglottis greyi 'Sunshine' will tolerant poor soils but does not enjoy wet areas.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. May require shelter from wind in cold areas.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Yellow.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Brachyglottis greyi 'Sunshine' grows to be a small to medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver
You might also like