Betula utilis 'Trinity College'
(Himalayan Birch) Betula utilis 'Trinity College' grows to be a lovely slender, small birch tree with superb bright white bark once established.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Betula utilis 'Trinity College' grows to be a lovely slender, small birch tree with superb bright white bark once established. Dark green summer leaves.
Slow growing than a typical Himalayan birch with a smaller, end size this lovely tree is not for instant gratification but is more suitable than most other birch for gardens with limited space..
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil with good drainage.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Small, upright tree.
- Height: up to 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Notes: Also known as Betula utilis subsp. jacquemontii 'Trinity College'
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark, Rare and Unusual